In Kitchener, Canada

I got here after a nice smooth bus ride... more pleasant than a plane, even.

This temple is Ram Dham. Is a pretty typical Hindu temple... all the main deities are there, but Ram is the main one. It is in the middle of a field. Looking out of my window I see wooden fences surrounding a verdant meadow. A country road, and a happily blue sky after a day of steely grey. It is still light at almost 9 o'clock.

Temple founded by Brahmarshi Vishwatma Bawra Maharaj's disciples, a Ma Chaitanya Jyoti.

I will be speaking tomorrow on some devotional subject or another. I have Madhurya Kadambinis to sell. More news tomorrow.

The flyer for this program:
I am pleased to invite you to our regular satsang this coming Sunday from 11am to 1pm when learned scholar Swami Jagadanandji will give his talk on Bhaktimarg. We are living in an age when there is widespread confusion about spiritual life, and especially about ancient traditions. This applies especially to bhakti, primarily because we do not know how to make the myths and symbols meaningful in our lives. To make use of ancient wisdom, it requires a kind of translation into our modern circumstances, and that is what Shri Jagadanandji has spent his life trying to acquire the competence to do so through study (svadhyaya) and practice (sadhana). I am sure, we will all benefit from Swamiji's talk and learn a new perspective in our spiritual growth.

On Wednesday I will be speaking at Spiritual Heritage Education Network Inc. (SHEN) at the EIT* Building, Room 1015, University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON. The subject is "The Bhagvadgita:
From Action to Love." I don't know how I ended up with that, but I guess I am going to have to think of what to say.

If there is anyone in the Toronto area who would like to get in touch, contact the temple or Shiv Datt Talwar at SHEN. My schedule is pretty open.

Radhe Radhe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O Mind! Meditate on Radha's Breasts

Swami Vishwananda's Bhakti Marga and Parampara

Erotic sculptures on Jagannath temple